[B]AC Diagnosis please, 03 Eddie[/B]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twocanaz

Reaction score
Ac diagnosis please, 03 eddie

My 03 Eddie is on its second compressor and has worked like a champ for several years. Yesterday, I started driving and noticed the air was not cooling, just blowing hot air. After an abnormal distance the air started to cool until I reached my destination but them would not cool on the way home. Today, I took it to a good shop I use and they checked it out and said there "was no power to the compressor" and suggested the low pressure switch was bad and the R134 level was just a little low. I said go for it. An hour later they came back and said they tested the low pressure switch and it was operating normally and when they put it back on the compressor started to work. They said the low side reading was good but the high side reading was fluctuating slightly and may be indicative of the compressor going bad but said that was a separate issue. They did a vac and recharge, 6 lbs low, and said come back if it stops again.

Does anybody have any thoughts? I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Winky

Reaction score
ac not cooling

I was wondering if the shop you went to checked the orfice tube they are usually in one of the tubes on the dryer. They have a screen on them that can get crap on it and then the cooling can be intermitant or non existant.
Changing the orfice tube could help.

Winky