back up sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlw0211

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife and I have a 03 XLT with out back up sensors and my wife wanted to know if we could add them. Does Ford make a retro fit kit or go aftermarket?

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure if ford makes one, but there are many aftermarket ones. Some of the ones on ebay aren't the greatest. I have a set on mine from ebay but they're not reliable. I think they were under 100 dollars though, and theres ones that are more so they might be better. Installation is easy, just make sure when you drill the holes out in the bumper they're right. Mine were accurate except the last one that I tried using the mearsuring tape to be very exact but screwed up a calculation and didn't visually check it really and ended up being worse. :S

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry man, I've been pretty busy and still am kinda. I have a partial but its not very good.

DSC04537.JPG

Since I have the XLT I have the black trim on the bumper so I mounted them there and they don't stick out. A guy I work with has ones that he mounted into his chrome bumper and they look fine, only after a while it started to rust around since he didn't paint or treat the exposed metal.

But since your 03 I assume the bumper is plastic or fiberglass or something. I have seen them available in different colors. Although if you could find something black or white or any other basic color they'll blend in easier than a shade of green, lets say. Since there are generally more.

Thats the side with the off one, the far right is down more than the others.

Last edited: