Bad design of the spark plug port wells in the head

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm wondering how your getting more water on the engine from your tires than from a torrential downpour. Are you bogging it and getting it partially submerged in the process? Is the water coming in over the hood or from the wheel well?
This to me seems like a pretty easy fix just some sort of fab work.

maxxplatinum9137

Reaction score
I'm wondering how your getting more water on the engine from your tires than from a torrential downpour. Are you bogging it and getting it partially submerged in the process? Is the water coming in over the hood or from the wheel well?
This to me seems like a pretty easy fix just some sort of fab work.
Hey man just let this guy drill his holes ok, he seems to think you can just put holes all over the wells to drain his fluids lol

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It seems like a better use of time to theorize a better seal for the COP. Me personally, I use dielectric grease on the top lip of the COP where it meets the head. Haven't had a problem yet, but I don't drive like the OP I don't think lol

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Customizing trucks since I was 7 with my Legos
Reaction score
I've also thought of that possibility as BMW is famous for having a cover wtih a gasket that seals all the plugs/COPs water tight as well as having a seal around each COP using the seal shown in my attachement.
It seems like a better use of time to theorize a better seal for the COP. Me personally, I use dielectric grease on the top lip of the COP where it meets the head. Haven't had a problem yet, but I don't drive like the OP I don't think lol
I have also thought of this. Tried creating an 'umbrella' of sorts using silicone sheeting however, can't seem to find one thick enough without having to buy it in bulk.
Have also looked into using a spark plug tube seal from a BMW or 300Z but the sizing is the limitation. Looking for a manufacturer that has a large aftermarket assortment that they manufacture so they can match the spec size I would need. (Pictured)
I am also looking into simply replacing my ignition system to delete the COP's and replace with good ol' fashioned plug wires as many are made with a seal at the end that POSITIVELY seals the tube closed. It would take some re-wiring and synchronization but is possible.

although expensive.11127831271OE.jpg

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Reaction score
Hey man just let this guy drill his holes ok, he seems to think you can just put holes all over the wells to drain his fluids lol
You are a sad little dude huh? Figures..... you're from Washington state. Stick to being on your knees as you're probably proficient at that and have callouses to prove it because you sure don't have any from working on or modding your truck.

Last edited:

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You are a sad little dude huh? Figures..... you're from Washington state. Stick to being on your knees as you're probably proficient at that and have callouses to prove it because you sure don't have any from working on or modding your truck.
Ya know when you go down this rabbit hole somebody will probably reply that while you babel about someone being on their knees you are on your elbows. It will go on and on. So, maybe give it a rest.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
You have badgered him sence the beginning of
"HIS" post , what he does with HIS truck is none of YOUR concern " move on "

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Reaction score
You have badgered him sence the beginning of
"HIS" post , what he does with HIS truck is none of YOUR concern " move on "

Ya know when you go down this rabbit hole somebody will probably reply that while you babel about someone being on their knees you are on your elbows. It will go on and on. So, maybe give it a rest.
I tried dude. I really did but after four separate instances of badgering without offering any helpful feedback I bit back.

I've been on here for a while, you may have as well but I've never ever been badgered or ridiculed for asking opinions of forum peers.
There is/was this one member who would offer schematics and incredibly helpful feedback.

What happened to THAT forum??

And then on top of that, he reports me and then has the lack of logic to call me a "Karen"