Bad Mojo Yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I have to admit, reading your description I had much more damage in my mind than what I see there. Still sucks but that should be easily fixable and look good afterwards. Everything else is pure frustration, including the porch pirates.
If the dealer scratched the car, Id have NO FAITH that the same dealer wil make it look like new. The dealer will have to pay for the repair themselves and I bet they do the repair the "cheap" way.

Inspect the repair very closely. Under multiple lights and check for paint eveness and blending. If its not perfect demand a new vehicle.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Three small scratches in my vehicle are from the dealer. Not to the extent of what the OP posted but just enough to know I didn’t do them. It is very frustrating and when they are small I feel it’s hard to say they did it. They take pics and video when I drop off and I make sure I drop off clean so there isn’t any dispute. This isn’t a Ferrari but still if I take the time to care for it, so should they. The one time they proactively told me was when they lifted it up and the roof antenna hit the lift beam, fortunately only the antenna was scratched. Which the ordered a replacement and painted and installed next visit.

Another time they opened the driver door and nicked the edge on something.

The dealer actually does a lot for me in terms of ensuring I get a loaner and some non warranty work covered so I don’t want to jeopardize that but there comes to a point when I can’t accept it.
I just try my best to be calm about it and not call out their carelessness.

While my Expedition was parked at the dealer, or being driven by one of their employees, the right - outside rear view mirror was damaged (heated and power-folding).

The vehicle had been at the dealer for months waiting for back-ordered transmission parts.

When I picked up the vehicle, I saw the damage and showed the service advisor. She ordered a new mirror assembly, and I had to return to have it installed later (reusing the painted mirror cap).

The dealership billed the Ford Premium Extended Service Plan for the mirror and labor, and then told me they “waived” the $100 deductible for me.

I was glad to get the assembly replaced without an argument, but the mirror did not fail by itself!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dahammer

Dahammer

Reaction score
Update on what is happening so far-

Since the accident, I haven't heard from the Dealership service department on what they would do, so I took the initiative on Friday. I went to a Ford-authorized collision body shop two days later for an estimate. The estimate was $1900.00 to restore my vehicle. Yesterday, I returned to the service department to hand-deliver the estimate, discuss the next step with them, and have them take it to the body shop that gave me the calculation since they are close to my home. The service advisor said we are not paying, and I said then we have a problem, and I would have to sue to recoup the monies that I would lay out. He said then that it would not suit them because of legal paperwork and the time spent resolving this. He got up and tried to return a copy of the estimate to me. I said that's your copy and he went into the office to bring out another person. The person who came out was not the same person I met initially. He offered no name or rank. We discussed the estimates, and he said that's a retail price and that they have a right to take it to their Body Shop. I said you don't have the right because it's my vehicle, and you had an accident with it. He said I could get it done for $300 to $400 per panel painted at his body shop. I told him that you didn't even read the estimate; you only looked at the final price... He then said I threatened him. I said WHAT? My comment was that I'm an old man, and do I look like I'm Mafia? He shut up like a clam at that point. I further discussed an incident about liftgate alignment that the factory didn't do and that they wrote up, "Vehicle is designed that way." Note: They had my car for ten days and never took it to the body shop to adjust it. I got my vehicle back dirty inside and out, full of leaves. So, I went to another Ford Authorized body shop, which I later learned was their go-to body shop yesterday. The body shop adjuster laughed at the write-up, said it was not built as designed, and gave me advice on what I should do. I took his advice and ran with it. I went to another Ford service. The service department took my vehicle to their body shop to repair it as a courtesy.

I felt that he was embarrassed by what I said. I told him you run an unsafe shop by allowing employees to block entrances and exits in the garage without respect for their employees and customer vehicles.

I did mention that you never gave me a copy of the service order when I brought the vehicle in for repair and that I have no proof that I was there; the only thing I have is the email confirmation of the appointment. He said this was the first time he had heard this.

Ultimately, they will not pay, and I will lay out cash and go legal after that to recoup my money. I called Ford Customer Care to file a complaint and got a ticket number for further reference.

Last edited:

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update on what is happening so far-

Since the accident, I haven't heard from the Dealership service department on what they would do, so I took the initiative on Friday. I went to a Ford-authorized collision body shop two days later for an estimate. The estimate was $1900.00 to restore my vehicle. Yesterday, I returned to the service department to hand-deliver the estimate, discuss the next step with them, and have them take it to the body shop that gave me the calculation since they are close to my home. The service advisor said we are not paying, and I said then we have a problem, and I would have to sue to recoup the monies that I would lay out. He said then that it would not suit them because of legal paperwork and the time spent resolving this. He got up and tried to return a copy of the estimate to me. I said that's your copy and he went into the office to bring out another person. The person who came out was not the same person I met initially. He offered no name or rank. We discussed the estimates, and he said that's a retail price and that they have a right to take it to their Body Shop. I said you don't have the right because it's my vehicle, and you had an accident with it. He said I could get it done for $300 to $400 per panel painted at his body shop. I told him that you didn't even read the estimate; you only looked at the final price... He then said I threatened him. I said WHAT? My comment was that I'm an old man, and do I look like I'm Mafia? He shut up like a clam at that point. I further discussed an incident about liftgate alignment that the factory didn't do and that they wrote up, "Vehicle is designed that way." Note: They had my car for ten days and never took it to the body shop to adjust it. I got my vehicle back dirty inside and out, full of leaves. So, I went to another Ford Authorized body shop, which I later learned was their go-to body shop yesterday. The body shop adjuster laughed at the write-up, said it was not built as designed, and gave me advice on what I should do. I took his advice and ran with it. I went to another Ford service. The service department took my vehicle to their body shop to repair it as a courtesy.

I felt that he was embarrassed by what I said. I told him you run an unsafe shop by allowing employees to block entrances and exits in the garage without respect for their employees and customer vehicles.

I did mention that you never gave me a copy of the service order when I brought the vehicle in for repair and that I have no proof that I was there; the only thing I have is the email confirmation of the appointment. He said this was the first time he had heard this.

Ultimately, they will not pay, and I will lay out cash and go legal after that to recoup my money. I called Ford Customer Care to file a complaint and got a ticket number for further reference.

Good luck - I wish you nothing but the best.

You’re in for a lot of frustration and irritation resolving this. But don’t give up.