Bad Mojo Yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dahammer

Reaction score
So, I took my vehicle to the service department for them to fix the OBI data port that they broke and to fix the wireless Car Play. Wireless car play doesn't work unless you attach your phone with a cable. 5 hours later, the service advisor said all done, but I would like to show you something. We went outside and looked at the passenger side. The car was damaged by the mechanic pulling out of the shop. The service manager, and advisor said they would fix my vehicle at the collision shop at their expense.

So I tried wireless CarPlay, and it still doesn't work. I called out the manager, advisor, and mechanic (who damaged my car), and for 1/2 hour, they tried to get it working even after 4 updates that they had installed. They couldn't get it to work either.

They are doing a star case with Ford to find out what is wrong, and I have to bring back the vehicle after the holidays to get a loaner car and for them to take it to the collision shop. Hopefully, they will get an answer from Ford after the holidays.

I went home, and porch pirates stole packages from my porch.

**** Me... Where's my bottle of Jacks.......

IMG_2948.jpegIMG_2959.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2949.jpeg
    IMG_2949.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 9

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Going to the dealer is always an adventure. They always make sure you come back after too.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man that sucks. I'd go nuts if a shop damaged my vehicle. I know it's an accident, but still.

Hope everything works out for you

OP
OP
Dahammer

Dahammer

Reaction score
Thank you for your kind responses. It blew my mind how careless this shop is.

josedirte4

Reaction score
That's not good. It's amazing how careless some people treat things when it's not theirs. I think I'd go to another dealership from now on if I were you. There is one very close to my house that I refuse to go to because of something similar to your situation happening every single time I went. I now drive almost 45 minutes out of the way to another Ford shop for service.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, I took my vehicle to the service department for them to fix the OBI data port that they broke and to fix the wireless Car Play. Wireless car play doesn't work unless you attach your phone with a cable. 5 hours later, the service advisor said all done, but I would like to show you something. We went outside and looked at the passenger side. The car was damaged by the mechanic pulling out of the shop. The service manager, and advisor said they would fix my vehicle at the collision shop at their expense.

So I tried wireless CarPlay, and it still doesn't work. I called out the manager, advisor, and mechanic (who damaged my car), and for 1/2 hour, they tried to get it working even after 4 updates that they had installed. They couldn't get it to work either.

They are doing a star case with Ford to find out what is wrong, and I have to bring back the vehicle after the holidays to get a loaner car and for them to take it to the collision shop. Hopefully, they will get an answer from Ford after the holidays.

I went home, and porch pirates stole packages from my porch.

**** Me... Where's my bottle of Jacks.......

View attachment 79614View attachment 79616

Does the service invoice have a notation asking you to please rate the dealership with all "10's" if you receive a survey from Ford - and if not, to call the service manager?

I'd be sick and very frustrated with the miserable service and lack of care for your vehicle.

Good luck and best wishes. Keep us posted.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I have to admit, reading your description I had much more damage in my mind than what I see there. Still sucks but that should be easily fixable and look good afterwards. Everything else is pure frustration, including the porch pirates.

bryz_expy

Reaction score
Three small scratches in my vehicle are from the dealer. Not to the extent of what the OP posted but just enough to know I didn’t do them. It is very frustrating and when they are small I feel it’s hard to say they did it. They take pics and video when I drop off and I make sure I drop off clean so there isn’t any dispute. This isn’t a Ferrari but still if I take the time to care for it, so should they. The one time they proactively told me was when they lifted it up and the roof antenna hit the lift beam, fortunately only the antenna was scratched. Which the ordered a replacement and painted and installed next visit.

Another time they opened the driver door and nicked the edge on something.

The dealer actually does a lot for me in terms of ensuring I get a loaner and some non warranty work covered so I don’t want to jeopardize that but there comes to a point when I can’t accept it.
I just try my best to be calm about it and not call out their carelessness.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65