Balky transmission with less than 1600 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tammo

Reaction score
Surprised to find my 2021 transmission jump with a clunky noise when I shift rapidly from park or reverse to drive. It's ok if I wait a second between gears. Main Control Unit being replaced (under warranty). Wondering if anyone else has/had that experience?

RGarone421

Reaction score
2019 XLT with 25k on it. Trans was already replaced and then towed in due to the vent on the top of the trans being cracked which forced the trans to reach an operating temp of 280+. Once the truck was pulled onto the flat bed, I noticed there was fluid all over the under-carriage of the truck.

Since getting the truck back, I still had some issues. - I had to wait a month to get it in for service, but finally was able to get it in. I just got the truck back yesterday (from the 9th of this month) and they suspect there's noting wrong. As I took the truck for a test drive with the tech, nothing was happening..

Once I drove the truck home, I put it in park and the truck slammed itself into Park. After that, I placed the truck back into drive to suspect the same thing happen. As I was on my way back to the dealer (as I called) - My advisor called me back to say the adaptive learning was reset, give it a couple of hundred miles and follow-up.

It seems to be happening when the truck is at operating temp. I think if the problem doesn't go away, I'll be contacting them back and asking them to replace the main control unit. Please follow up and let me know if this fixes your issue.