Banker with tools vs Cylinder Head

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff532003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Keep at it man. You've done some excellent work thus far and hey just think the more you fix and replace the less there is to break...
Kind of nuts it's the other side but at least your wife can't blame you for messing something haha. Try the pressure regulator. They don't often go bad but it happens. Canadian tire or whatever you guys have for chain parts stores up there will probably loan you a fuel pressure tester kit if you want to confirm.

Jeff532003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
PS-
C0707 I believe is the key code. No clue what the other is but probably related as it also starts with C

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Been watching this thread since it started.

First off, good job on the (re)build. Looks and sounds like a great result given the lack of previous experience. Kudo's to you for taking it on and completing the job.

I know you are currently fighting a new issue but i suspect that it is something relatively minor, especially after completing that last repair job. That was no small affair you successfully tackled. job well done.

Next time I am up your way, I'll buy you a beer to congratulate you. Turns out we are neighours, I'm located just South of you in Cow-town...

OP
OP
R

rvanbeers

Reaction score
Post analysis -

Fouled injector which I replaced.

Didn't fully connect air intake which explains lean code

Didn't fully connect the MAF - Explains the intermittent issues

So if I would have just replaced the loud injector, connected the air intake and MAF properly I would be in happy land. Instead.... I dicked around with plugs, fuel system, injectors coils......

I know have full throttle power vs the drag I was experienceing..... an intermittent slight miss (every couple of cycles - SOmetimes it is more pronounced and other times it isn't there) and a little hestitation on heavy acceleration. I'm not sure what additional problem I caused but today I will unplug and redo all the electrical on the one bank. I'm going to remove the MAF and focus on that puppy as well.

I wish I had a decent diagnostic reader... oh well. One more shot at this and If I cant get it....I'll take it to the shop and pay 1 hour for a 2 minute read.

OP
OP
R

rvanbeers

Reaction score
100% Fixed

:driver:

Fixed. Finally!!!!!

Notwithstanding the other issues I created, the last and final problem was a coil. When I was pulling things apart, I pulled the boots off the oils and noted one spring was not fully set.

Gotta Run.... off to the Auction to find some other challenge.

OP
OP
R

rvanbeers

Reaction score
Update

Two months later. I just wanted to let everyone know the repair has held up fine. 200 KM a day and I'm getting 16.8 MPG (I do mostly highway)

A big thanks to everyone here that supports the mechanically challenged like me. Keep up the great work....sites like this are very beneficial and I'll bet dime on dollar the posting and solutions reach a lot of people.

I'm keeping the Expy for my winter use and have now began my new project.

A 2003 Mercedes SL 500.......OMG anyone speak german?:mfr_closed1:

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Two months later. I just wanted to let everyone know the repair has held up fine. 200 KM a day and I'm getting 16.8 MPG (I do mostly highway)

A big thanks to everyone here that supports the mechanically challenged like me. Keep up the great work....sites like this are very beneficial and I'll bet dime on dollar the posting and solutions reach a lot of people.

I'm keeping the Expy for my winter use and have now began my new project.

A 2003 Mercedes SL 500.......OMG anyone speak german?:mfr_closed1:

That's great news. Congrats on your success!