Battery dead, not charging, dash flickering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justinp16ex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Typically about 37K. Haha! Batteries are designed to last to the end of the warranty and that is all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ya, the factory battery in my 16 isn't liking the Wisconsin temperatures currently. My wife used the remote starter this morning, it tried to start and then gave up. Didn't click or anything. If she had tried to start it in the car, not remotely, would it have tried longer before giving up?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ya, the factory battery in my 16 isn't liking the Wisconsin temperatures currently. My wife used the remote starter this morning, it tried to start and then gave up. Didn't click or anything. If she had tried to start it in the car, not remotely, would it have tried longer before giving up?

Maybe. Original battery? How many miles, just curious? Either way if it is the original and you live in that cold a climate it is time to replace it.

outdare

Reaction score
Our 17 expie battery went out over the weekend. So 4 years/85k miles.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

justinp16ex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe. Original battery? How many miles, just curious? Either way if it is the original and you live in that cold a climate it is time to replace it.

Original battery, manufactured in 15. 112k

coupe11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought a used 2014 Expedition in June/July of 2019. The battery had been replaced 3 or 4 months before I bought it.

Yeah, sometimes you have to wiggle the alligator clips around on the posts/terminals to get them to bite through the oxidation/crud to make a good connection or the battery won't charge. Sometimes you have to do that to jump start one, too.

justinp16ex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Expy started about an hour later without being jump started. She did it using the ignition this time, not the remote start. I'll let it slide for now.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Expy started about an hour later without being jump started. She did it using the ignition this time, not the remote start. I'll let it slide for now.

Not sure why people fight replacing batteries?

First time mine gives me trouble it gets replaced.

So important a component. I also don’t get the cheapest. Typically the Gold or Platinum. No messing around.

justinp16ex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure why people fight replacing batteries?

First time mine gives me trouble it gets replaced.

So important a component. I also don’t get the cheapest. Typically the Gold or Platinum. No messing around.

It was -15 and it just didn't start with the remote start. Started from inside the vehicle, battery wasn't dead. If it had been dead or much warmer when this happened I would change it.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was -15 and it just didn't start with the remote start. Started from inside the vehicle, battery wasn't dead. If it had been dead or much warmer when this happened I would change it.

5 Year old OEM battery...no brainer it is time for a replacement. Especially in the Wife’s Expy. Made that mistake once. Won’t make it again.

Just not something worth stressing over. Just drive by an Advance/AutoZone, get their higher end battery, and drive away 15 minutes later. With a better CCA battery than the original.

My 2 cents...