Best Anti-Break-in Alarm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Funny....no race mentioned or implied and no one said I was wrong.....yet someone plays the race card....so typical!

Maybe the card-holder needs to check reality instead of viewing the world though those pretty rose-colored glasses.

jeff

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have the keypad, I just use the same code from car to car. Since you can program your own.

I've had keypad entry in the folloiwng cars:

81 T-Bird
93 Bronco (installed from a Merc Sable as the Bronco didn't have it that year)
01 Explorer
05 Freestar
06 Monterey
15 Expedition

I just program the same code into the next car when I get it. I'm not even sure what actual factory code is on my current cars. :D

I will say that I rarely use it as much now that I have a working fob. But my fobs tend to fail after a few years even with battery changes. But the other day I did leave my keys in the ignition when I thought I had removed them. I locked the car up and walked off. I then felt up my pocket and knew they were missing. I went back to the truck, keypad'd my way in and there were the keys. If it hadn't been a keypad vehicle, I would have had to call the wife or AAA. I love the keypad and I'm surprised that Ford is the only it seems that still is using it.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I never used any of the keypad on any Fords I ever had. I keep a spare key and fob stored in the gas tank pod. It's in a sandwich bag and taped with duct tape. Total convenience and not even visible when door is opened. No calling ex wife, mother, AAA, or anyone else.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I never used any of the keypad on any Fords I ever had. I keep a spare key and fob stored in the gas tank pod. It's in a sandwich bag and taped with duct tape. Total convenience and not even visible when door is opened. No calling ex wife, mother, AAA, or anyone else.
Not sure how that is more convenient or easier than using one key fob to work on all your ford cars or knowing codes on keyless pads or even putting codes into your phone, or adding the same extra code to all keypads so the same code opens all your cars.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure how that is more convenient or easier than using one key fob to work on all your ford cars or knowing codes on keyless pads or even putting codes into your phone, or adding the same extra code to all keypads so the same code opens all your cars.
Fob is easier than the pad, plus a conveyer belt takes me out to my car.:waytogo:

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
The keypad on all my Fords has been programmed to the same code. Set the first afternoon of ownership on each one. Memorized very long ago. Practically inconceivable that someone wouldn't do this. Handy in the garage (ultimate theft deterrence) in my bathrobe when the truck got "butt locked."

There have also been a couple of times in brutal cold with my non-remote start cars that I wanted the engine running with the car locked. Keypad works well in that application too.

-- Chuck

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Funny....no race mentioned or implied and no one said I was wrong.....yet someone plays the race card....so typical!

Maybe the card-holder needs to check reality instead of viewing the world though those pretty rose-colored glasses.

jeff

you told him to move to a "non-infested, human area"....his profile says he lives in Atlanta....a well-known predominantly black city...maybe...just maybe...you strongly implied the city he lives in is infested with non-humans...implying black people are an infestation and/or non-human

sometimes when you talk like an *******, people think you're an *******....maybe you thought you were being cute but there's definitely an implied feeling in your post, as there have been in many of your past posts.

maybe you need to check reality and ask yourself why that race card keeps showing up on your posts? you are the problem....

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score

jeff

Yet you mention Baltimore instead of a rural town where crime is exploding.

Yawn.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you told him to move to a "non-infested, human area"....his profile says he lives in Atlanta....a well-known predominantly black city...maybe...just maybe...you strongly implied the city he lives in is infested with non-humans...implying black people are an infestation and/or non-human

sometimes when you talk like an *******, people think you're an *******....maybe you thought you were being cute but there's definitely an implied feeling in your post, as there have been in many of your past posts.

maybe you need to check reality and ask yourself why that race card keeps showing up on your posts? you are the problem....

Everybody hears his (and others) dog whistles. Don’t sweat him and his low info opinions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett