Best location for sub box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SPreston2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi I was wondering whats the best location for a subwoofer box for two 12"s in a 97 Expy? The space behind the 3rd row is kinda shallow and I dont know anywhere else to put one without removing the 3rd row seats. Any suggestions on a custom sub box or where I should place the box? Thanks

LightningExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you can fit 2 12"s behind the 3rd you just need to get a small enough box i have it done in my truck. i believe remo had a custom box in his with 2 12"s that he posted a picture of in one of my threads check it out.

EXPOX4

Reaction score
Why two 12"s? Why not one 12", or one 10". You would be amazed at what one woofer will do with more air room then two in a crunched up area.

OP
OP
S

SPreston2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well the reason why I said two 12's is because I just brought a pair of Kicker CVX's a couple of weeks ago, and I really didnt want to sell one of them. My amp is matched perfectly for the pair and it sounds really nice. Do you guys know any good box manufacturers?

bloodzero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I wasn't so lazy and got myself a job, I'd have my two 12's replaced with two 15's and I'd sell you my dual 12 box that fits behind the 3rd row for cheap.

But alas, I am lazy. Which turns out to me being poor. Which means I have no new subs. haha.

bloodzero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh, I will eventually. I already have the amp and box for my 15's. But I don't have 600 bucks for the subs. sooooooo....

slo-ryd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a single 12" solo-baric L7 behind the 3rd seat and still have room for detailing supplies. The amp is mounted in the side storage area. All the sound with all the seating is nice.

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a JL stealthbox and love it. It is on my 2001 expo and is great because I don't lose any of my cargo space. It replaced the little bucket/carrier area in the back right of the car but sounds great. The amp is mounted underneath my front passenger seat and the box itself is made to fit perfectly in the car above the wheel well. I replaced the actual sub in the box from the stock JL with an upgraded JL 10". You can only get a 10" in that area, but it still knocks pretty well, I'm not trying to shake the ground or anything but it sounds great and is really a nice area to place the sub. You might be able to get something custom done where you get cut outs either in the tailgate so that the sub's are in the actual door if they are slim. That would be tight and I thought about doing it, but found a stealthbox that was cheap and the sounds is great. NO vibration either which was a big factor for me, I can't stand the sound rattling and wasn't trying to get it because of the sub.