best loud exhaust for 03 expy 5.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
looking to add a muffler or remove the stock one from the expedition. what is the best route to go? I was thinking either adding a 1 chamber muffler something like the fm 10 or cherry bomb extreme, or either going straight pipe. I have had all these setups minus the fm 10 on previous suvs, I had a cb extreme on a dodge hemi and dumped fm 40 on tahoe, then catback straights on 97 silverado.

I do not care about loud, i actually prefer it, I dont want to spend alot of money on a setup, I will also run it from the stock pipe location so basically just adding or removing the muffler. What do yall think would be the best route to go?

xtamer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just replaced the muffler with a straight pipe. It's got 4 cats so its not that loud. I actually wish it were louder but w.e. only cost like 10-20 bucks and a few hours. Its a pretty simple project, everything unbolts from where it Y's back

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
40 series flowmaster exhaust and some have gibson...there are plenty of threads in the exhaust section on this

american steel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
borla has a few mufflers that are loud as hell on 3valve fords.
check on youtube you might find something you might like.

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the magnaflow kit. I droned too much when new but a few months in it's have broke in nicely. I was actually stopped this week but a guy in another Navi asking about the exhaust. Don't know how different it sounds on a 4V though.