Best programmer???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I want to get a air intake and programmer but not sure which is the best. I think I'm going with a k&n 63 series cold air intake. The programmer is the question. I have seen several like edge, sct and superchip. I want one that can be upload with custom tunes but also comes with factory ones.

DarrinBC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am partial to SCT and I think that Mike Troyer at Troyer Performance is about the most knowledgeable guy out there when it comes to tuning trucks.

Darin

jimmyv13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had an Edge in my '04 F150 and was very pelased. I sent it to Power Hungry Performance so it could be custom tuned and it got even better. I am holding out for the Edge Evo for my '07 and PHP will do their magic to that one too. Depending on what truck you have will determine which programmers are available.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
I have heard from several folks and most suggested 5startuning.com I looked on troyer performance but dont see anything for a 08 expedition. Did I just overlook it? What is the edge evo cost? SCT gives you around 20 hp at the tires according to the dyno sheet on 5startuning.com .

mmrseed

Full Access Members
Reaction score
anything but hypertech....doesn't do anything (except twice seize my expy's computer and activate some antitheft control that stalls the car and won't let it start until the computer is reflashed)

BLKSVT

Reaction score
I have heard from several folks and most suggested 5startuning.com I looked on troyer performance but dont see anything for a 08 expedition. Did I just overlook it? What is the edge evo cost? SCT gives you around 20 hp at the tires according to the dyno sheet on 5startuning.com .

Call ProDyno in Ft. Mill, SC..right outside Charlotte ask for Dan he can hook you up with a SCT programmer and also grab way more than 20hp out of your truck.