Best tuner to monitor engine stats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am looking at a 2007 EL and am interested to know if there is is a recommended tuner to monitor oil temp and pressure along with trans temp. Extra power and mpg's are nice but being able to keep an eye on critical temperatures to keep problems from becoming huge issues is important to me. The Bullydog and Edge seem to have the best advertising departments but I want the best performing product for my vehicle. Thanks for any help.

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would go for an SCT or Edge if I were shopping for one. The Edge can do trans temp for sure. I think the SCT can, but I would check with them to be certain. If you just want to monitor engine parameters and the tuning aspect isn't of particular importance, then the UltraGauge gets my vote.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you want a programmer or a monitoring device?

ScanGauge and UltraGauge can monitor.

OP
OP
JDMitchell

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After some research I found that 5.4 3 valve motor needs a T installed to run a new oil pressure sender. I will probably run a mechanical oil pressure gauge and also buy an SCT from 5 star.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

Last edited: