Best upgrades or things to change on 2014 limited ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KennyT

Reaction score
Have a 2014 limited with 132K and no problems. Would like to get the most out of this vehicle and would love to see a list of things to upgrade, fix or mods that would help keep this vehicle nice. I believe it has all highway miles on it and previous owner says he never used 4wd.
Please have links to any item / items so others can upgrade, modify theirs.

Thank you
KT

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2013 RWD and would like to know what shock absorbers and other improvements to road handling.

2013Tuxedo

Reaction score
Have a 2014 limited with 132K and no problems. Would like to get the most out of this vehicle and would love to see a list of things to upgrade, fix or mods that would help keep this vehicle nice. I believe it has all highway miles on it and previous owner says he never used 4wd.
Please have links to any item / items so others can upgrade, modify theirs.

Thank you
KT

Change the oil when the truck tells you and let her warm up and drop to ~1200rpm idle before driving, below 0 degrees can take 10 minutes but it's worth it. If those are still just reflector headlights with halogens you may want to consider some sort of upgrade, there are many paths here but it all depends on how much you want to mess around... If you're fine for now I'd wait until a bulb goes out and then replace with LED HIDs. It's worth making sure the 4wd drive functions before you end up on a trip and need it. Same for the parking brake, and even if it works it may need to be tightened up. I've upgraded my wipers, to me it's a huge improvement, swapped the rear to a regular j-hook instead of bayonet and went to 19" and the fronts are 24", I'd probably recommend 18" and 23" for anyone else.

2013Tuxedo

Reaction score
I have a 2013 RWD and would like to know what shock absorbers and other improvements to road handling.
Quickest and potentially cheapest for a smoother ride is more sidewall on the tires, though the 275/55 on my 20" wheels seem fine. For less bodyroll, go the opposite, less sidewall. FB marketplace and craigslist both have lots of 6x135 wheels in 17", 18" and 20", and sometimes 22", and the F150 wheels will fit though you will need to trim the rear axle about 1/4" or 6mm, with a grinder, sawzall, etc.