Betsy's makeover. plastidip central.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PTRJason

Reaction score
go to dipyourcar.com they sell who car kits, with the sprayer included. I just ordered a Matt Black Wheel kit, should be here next week.

If I have stuff left over, I plan on doing my Expedition emblem on the lift gate, as well as my front grill. Since it is the only chrome on my White Epxy, I think it would look bad ass.

But dipyourcar.com is a reseller of PlastiDip, they are not partners with them, yet, but they sell a lot of the products and have a LOT of how to videos, posted, the one posted a few post up, is of the owner of dipyourcar.com.

One of the videos he has, says he some on his rims for about two years. He also has a video on how to repair curb rash and cuts to the dip if it tares, without having to peel and spray everything. They also sell a repair kit with thinner in it to fix tears, then you just repaint the area.

ydopen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks great!!! if the plasti dip starts crapping out in the future look up Rebel Racing sahara wheels, they are 16in and powdercoated satin black, I have been running them for about 3 years and they are holding up good, i think they were around 350 shipped.

Soapman99

Reaction score
The stuff works great and holds up really well. I did my other car's wheels about 10 months ago and it still looks great. I did 4 - 5 coats on each wheel. I have even had new tires mounted since then with a couple rotations too.
quty7y4a.jpg

I'd like to see how your grill looks in black. My Volvo grill turned out great.

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks sweet! nice inexpensive way to get black rims! i'll be heading to HD this weekend to do mine. i'm also thinkin' bout doin' the EB trim as well.

PTRJason

Reaction score
Here are my rims, cant go wrong. Nothing to mess up, even if you dont like it, just peel it off. My Expy is the police/fleet model so it had flat gray rims and the only chrome is the Expy liftgate badge and the chrome around the grill. Which I am going to change soon.

Before:
6c326675.jpg
Badge:
337e714c.jpg
3deeea18.jpg
Rims:
finish1_zps4f91c3fc.jpg

Last edited: