2022 Expedition - Cracked Roof Panel; Cracked Lift gate Spoiler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even with the factory bumper to bumper warranty, Ford will say go through yoir insurance... slimeballs
show these things to your insurance adjusters. May not help you but over time the qty's will help. Give the info to the top 3-4 insurance companies and at some point they will see the constant here.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
show these things to your insurance adjusters. May not help you but over time the qty's will help. Give the info to the top 3-4 insurance companies and at some point they will see the constant here.
True - The insurance companies are also slimeballs and will do anything in their power not to pay out so they might help fight this on your behalf against Ford haha

days4days

Reaction score
I just checked, and it is true, Special Service Message 51346 has been removed from Ford's Professional Technician System (PTS) website.

It's unclear when or why it was removed, however, we still have the screen capture of the original PTS release of SSM 51346 on February 7, 2023.

For new Forum member @raemae -- and anyone else in need of this documentation, please print the below-attached PDF file and provide it to your dealership's Service representative...
I wonder why they removed it

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Honestly, I can’t imagine how Ford can deny coverage under new car warranty (or extended full warranty) for something like this! This is obviously their fault. Insurance has nothing to do with this. This is a manufacturing/assembly problem.

What are the appropriate customer protection channels in this case??

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder why they removed i

Ya! Definitely an attempt to save the company money and make the out of touch owners go through insurance or out of their own pockets to fix. Definitely a slimey move on Fords part and another reason I will never own a Ford again after this one. Same goes with cam phasers, which SHOULD be covered even without any warranty! And dont get me started with the annoying rattling turbo wastegates that they say is "normal" noise. /endrant