Bilstein 5100 Lift Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's the code for haven't driven it far enough yet to determine ride quality, and it may be a while since it is the wife's. I also used the stock ride height for the same reason. I had considered raising the front a 1/2" and may do so eventually. At least they will be easy to remove now since Bilstein uses bolts on the lower mounts. I wasn't planning on doing this until last Sunday when I notice the oil drip by the left rear wheel. The other rear was just starting to leak also. The only choices were stock Motorcraft, KYB(rear only), and Bilstein. I have had Bilsteins's on my F350 for 13 years and they were a definite improvement.

Last edited:

Matt Garrett

Reaction score
I've got the Expy Bilstein 5100s current set at stock ride height. The fronts can be adjusted in 0.8" increments. The backs can be adjusted in 0.4" increments.

I am about to get very slightly larger tires (285/55/20 vs stock 275/55/20) and while doing tires I am thinking about adjusting the ride height.

With that, has anyone only lifted the front by 0.8" and left the back stock?

Or, has anyone lifted the front 0.8" and lifted rear by 0.4"? The later seems like it could give a nice stance and still leave a bit of rake.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
95cobby

95cobby

Reaction score
Question for you. It's been over a year since you did this install, any issues with the stock UCAs? I was holding off doing this thinking I needed new Upper Control Arms, but it doesn't look like you replaced them.

Still rides great! Just rotated the tires and checked everything underneath, all looks well. The front is firm still and I contemplated swapping in the f150 2wd version of the 5100s but haven't done it yet. Will likely just leave it alone though.

For those asking, this truck has Method NVs 20x9 and Nitto Terra Grappler G2 295/60/20.

Matt Garrett

Reaction score
I've got the Expy Bilstein 5100s current set at stock ride height. The fronts can be adjusted in 0.8" increments. The backs can be adjusted in 0.4" increments.

I am about to get very slightly larger tires (285/55/20 vs stock 275/55/20) and while doing tires I am thinking about adjusting the ride height.

With that, has anyone only lifted the front by 0.8" and left the back stock?

Or, has anyone lifted the front 0.8" and lifted rear by 0.4"? The later seems like it could give a nice stance and still leave a bit of rake.

Thoughts?

Anyone?

pm89spur

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you have to do the CCD extensions doing this Bilstein lift on a 4th gen? I haven’t seen or read anything about it so was just curious, I know they were doing it on the ReadyLift kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimW

Reaction score
Thanks for this great tread 95cobby. I almost made the mistake of ordering the Ready Lift. I have ordered the 5100's 4wd F150 for the front the the Expeditions for the rear.

I know I'm going to have to move my power running boards back a little.
Does anyone remove the lower air spoiler before the bumper? It sits so low...I would be plowing snow with it.