Bilstein 5100 Lift Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John McKenzie

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Expedition that I used to have a 3/2 ready lift on...truck looked great and sat level, however, my front suspension was "bottoming out" on small drop offs/bumps...I also blew a rear shock...so, I went with Bilstein 5100's and set front as high as they will go and rear as low as they will go...but now I have a crazy amount of forward rake...I would say the rear is 2.5-3" higher than the front...what am I doing wrong?...it seems like some on here have gotten good results with this setup, but I'd kill just to have mine back to factory...not liking the 5100's AT ALL...the ride is ok, but the rake is so bad I'm embarrassed to drive it...any ideas or suggestions?...thanks.

rx7gslse

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you have to do the CCD extensions doing this Bilstein lift on a 4th gen? I haven’t seen or read anything about it so was just curious, I know they were doing it on the ReadyLift kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you replace the CCD with the 5100s the CCD system isn't going to work anymore anyway, as the 5100s are new shocks. adjusters aren't going to help. I'd say teh 5100s are a no-go for CCD folks unless there's a way to program it all out, but haven't heard of that yet..

rx7gslse

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Expedition that I used to have a 3/2 ready lift on...truck looked great and sat level, however, my front suspension was "bottoming out" on small drop offs/bumps...I also blew a rear shock...so, I went with Bilstein 5100's and set front as high as they will go and rear as low as they will go...but now I have a crazy amount of forward rake...I would say the rear is 2.5-3" higher than the front...what am I doing wrong?...it seems like some on here have gotten good results with this setup, but I'd kill just to have mine back to factory...not liking the 5100's AT ALL...the ride is ok, but the rake is so bad I'm embarrassed to drive it...any ideas or suggestions?...thanks.

Pictures? Sounds like something is obviously not correct... Did you forget to take the readylift spacer out? Did you get the wrong part number shock delivered?

I know the 2015s have some differences from the 2018+ that this forum is discussing as well...

pm89spur

Reaction score
if you replace the CCD with the 5100s the CCD system isn't going to work anymore anyway, as the 5100s are new shocks. adjusters aren't going to help. I'd say teh 5100s are a no-go for CCD folks unless there's a way to program it all out, but haven't heard of that yet..

Thanks for the response. I have a 2019 XLT 4x4, and just found out that the XLT isn’t equipped with CCD, so I think I’m good to go with the 5100’s. I need to crawl under there to verify but haven’t got around to it.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I have a 2019 XLT 4x4, and just found out that the XLT isn’t equipped with CCD, so I think I’m good to go with the 5100’s. I need to crawl under there to verify but haven’t got around to it.

As far as I know, CCD suspension is not available on the XLT models. Limited and above only. Also, you get 22" wheels when equipped.

TBaganATX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anybody have a squeak in the coils after installing these? I swear I get a squeak out of all for corners, depending on turn, road slope etc. It’s driving me absolutely crazy.

TBaganATX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would someone be so kind to give me the measurements of the front and rear wheel well to the ground with the Bilstein 5100 lift.. my crap is jacked and need to fix it. Thank you guys

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks sweet!

Oh those spring compressors. I've seen one disintegrate before, it's a scary site! Nice work, looks really good.