Bilstein Rear shock setting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

X BRONCO OWNER

Reaction score
Im getting ready to install rear Bilsteins and was thinking about moving the snap ring up a notch or 2. I think the truck sits a bit low in the back from the factory. Has anyone done this on an otherwise stock truck. Im concerned it might make the ride harsh. Thanks

OP
OP
X

X BRONCO OWNER

Reaction score
So I got the new shocks installed I set the c clip to the second notch which according to Bilstein gives it a .4 inch lift. The truck feels so mich better no more bouncing over bumps and feels much more stable on the highway. The only thing I noticed is that my drivers side ride hight is about a 1/2 inch higher then the passenger side. I wish i measured the ride height before installing them. Does anyone know if the drivers side rear should be slightly higher?

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I got the new shocks installed I set the c clip to the second notch which according to Bilstein gives it a .4 inch lift. The truck feels so mich better no more bouncing over bumps and feels much more stable on the highway. The only thing I noticed is that my drivers side ride hight is about a 1/2 inch higher then the passenger side. I wish i measured the ride height before installing them. Does anyone know if the drivers side rear should be slightly higher?
Upside down spring perch on one side? See linked thread.

OP
OP
X

X BRONCO OWNER

Reaction score
The spring perch is good on both sides. I marked everything with paint to make sure the springs were going back in the same position as well. My driveway is not 100% level so my next step it to take it somewhere else and measure again. I also checked with a 1/4 tank vs full tank of fuel and was still off by 1/2 inch