Black Grilles 97+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ghettoracer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking for black or flat black grilles for the 97+ on up. I dont like Ebay for the low quality and they dont have that color. Would like a nice Grillcraft one but they are so pricey. Anyone know where I can get one?

lakesidebluexpy

Reaction score
black grill. welll.....

my '97 eb had a silver grill. you know the one on the 1st gen expys ('97,'98). had a silly inverted c shape right in the middle. well i fixed it.

there are 2 parts to our expy grills- a surround and an insert. they can be "unclipped" from each other without too much effort. did you know that f150 inserts of the same years will fit right into an expy surround?

so heres what i did- unclipped my oem expy insert with the c shape which i hated, found a wrecked f150, liberated the grill from it, unclipped the f150 insert and put my expy surround and the f150 insert together.

looks very nice- i body painted the insert before putting it into my eb surround. you would want to leave the insert black as it came from the factory. the f150 insert sits back, ie deeper, in the expy surround so it looks recessed. never seen another like it.....simple, subtle, easy.

lakeside

seeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Paint it

I got tired of the grey crappy look of mine. Bought a can of outdoor plastic black paint. It turned out great. Has a different look without screaming out
"look at me".

OP
OP
G

ghettoracer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LOL that works the ghettofab spray paint job. Got any pics of it, would like to see how that turned out!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev