Blue vs Blue????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdlangston13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can anyone help with the difference between Stone Blue Metallic and Blue Tinted Clear coat?

Fords website only shows the stone blue metallic but I am looking at a timberline and the window sticker says Blue tinted clearcoat and I am very curious what the difference is because online they almost look the same.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can anyone help with the difference between Stone Blue Metallic and Blue Tinted Clear coat?

Fords website only shows the stone blue metallic but I am looking at a timberline and the window sticker says Blue tinted clearcoat and I am very curious what the difference is because online they almost look the same.
I believe the metallic one has the "silver" flakes in paint and the other is blue without the flakes and more manly

mwar99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The tint coat is a lighter bue. Stone blue is darker.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Pull the color code from ford. Stone blue is C8 or something. It goes by different names depending on the model and brand. You can then search for those colors and see some examples side by side.

mwar99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don’t have a blue tint coat pic but here is our stone blue

Attachments

• 9B1AAC5C-F7AF-46BB-BCDF-4728EAC92E4A.jpeg
    9B1AAC5C-F7AF-46BB-BCDF-4728EAC92E4A.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members