Body damage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TheGuyWho

TheGuyWho

Full Access Members
Reaction score
bummer
time for a WARN hidden winch bumper or maybe some of that truck armor stuff, somebody help me out here... the big ass steel bumpers, black made for rock climbing i guess

That sucks maybe?!?! Looks like a reason to Mod the front, and you know the wife isn't going to say no, since she did it!!!
" Yes dear, Tactical Armor Group Wincher Bumper is the only replacement they make and they only come with a winch and HID lights, no Ford dosen't make parts for this Expy only aftermarket company's":pepper::pepper::pepper:

haha, good call canada!

expeditionary, you are talking about road armor type bumpers. lots of different makers. also, the hidden winch mount goes behind the bumper, like mine. he would want to get the warn transformer grille guard with winch carrier, but he would still need a bumper for that application...but we understand what you were sayin! :)

YES! That was what I was thinking. If I can find a bumper that I like though. I want that tactical/rugged look, but without going over the top and looking ridonculous! I still want it functional, you know?
Im actually having a hard time finding some of those bumpers though. Anyone have any links and/or lists of companies that make them for the Gen 1's???

OP
OP
TheGuyWho

TheGuyWho

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks like you need a fender bumper and grille... could of been worse. i think

You are sorta correct. I think there are some more underlying parts though. I wish it was that easy… Im still trying to figure out what else I will need.

At least it wasn't my Lightning, and for that Im extremely grateful!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
TheGuyWho

TheGuyWho

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Too bad the truck isn't a couple of years older, I have a bumper, grill, and a couple sets of lights that would pop right on.

Think you could send me a picture or two? There may be some parts that I could use. Its chrome though huh? I hate the chrome… But like I said there may be some portions of the assembly I could use.

And Tony, what kind of bumper is that pictured in your sig?

OP
OP
TheGuyWho

TheGuyWho

Full Access Members
Reaction score
remember if you go with junkyard parts a F150 has the same bumper and lights as long as its the same year.... 97-98 or 99+

You are correct, and I started looking today. Unfortunately its pretty hard to find those parts here, for whatever reason. Im still looking though, and Im going to a few yards tomorrow. One issue is finding the correct lower valance that has the correct fog lights and tow hooks. And then theres the chrome issue… So many of them have that stupid chrome bumper… I hate chrome! No offense, just sayin'…

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
spartacus, where are you located in so cal? i live in san diego and i agree, it is hard to find parts for our trucks here. but i have been able to find them, sometimes! check craigslist. there is a place called green yard here in east san diego. i have gotten parts from there before.

as for a bumper, you can use road armor (pricey), iron bull, alien patrol, but take a look at tonydiv's bumper. his is a lot like the others, just a little cheaper. there are also buckstop bumpers. lots of choices, just gotta look around.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
All the stuff I have is 97-98, where the grill goes straight across without the dip in the center. The grill I have is a 'billit' style, but the chrome on the bars is wearing off. Someone would have to scuff it and paint the grill area, but the chrome around the outside is ok.
The stock bumper is also in very good shape, but again it's the 97-98 style with the chin dimple in the middle.

I also have stock headlights, side markers and foglights, some projector one piece headlights and a set of clear foglights.

The bumper on the truck now is from Tactical Armor Group. I like it alot, but because of the 3" body lift, not everything bolted up exactly perfect.

If you just want the basic bumper, you cen get it for about $600, but if you option it out like mine it's closer to $925.

www.tacticalarmorgroup.com

If there's anything I can do for you let me know.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
tony, how much was yours shipped? i will be getting one (hopefully) next year, shipped to iowa. i am going to build mine just like yours, maybe with the "d" rings though! hahah (sorry, had to). cant believe they screwed that up.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Shipping from Atlanta to Vermilion (40 miles west of Cleveland) was $110. You need to provide a commercial address, because they charge more for residential deliveries.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, i will probaby have it shipped to the shop down the road so i can just install it there..

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
have you taken your lights out yet with this thing on? i wonder how difficult it is since those light guards are not removable