Body work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with body work on the aluminum panels?

Eating lunch today and a branch fell on my hood. Couple of gnarly dents with some paint cracking where the edge of the dent is. Just curious if that’s something I should expect the body shop to be able to handle or if I’m going to have to buy a new hood (which are on back order and $685).

Keep in mind I have the platinum white so I would think paint matching would be damn near impossible.

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Uggg!!!! That sucks!
I do not envy you and I do know that day is inevitably going to come to most of us.
I don't have experience yet (thankfully), but I would be quite optimistic about the ability of good body guys. So much so that I would start with a quote from the paintless dent removal guys first, as long as the paint still looks good. You're correct, pearl coats and metallics never look right after needing some paint work. I'd avoid that like the plague.

Oklahoma Jim

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a small dent in my driver's door. I went to a Paintless Dent Repair shop and they worked miracles! They completely removed the dent and didn't even have to remove the door panel. You might get an opinion from a PDR shop in your area.

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ackk! Cracked paint! That looks nasty. I would be so ticked.