Brake and gas pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KSC 2019 XLT

Reaction score
Wife says the brake and gas pedals are too far for her small feet. Any suggestions how to make them closer together?

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Other than jerryrigging a wider foot pad onto the brake pedal I don’t know of any vehicle that allows for user adjustment of the lateral distance between pedals. Just the height adjustment option. Maybe a heel rest to allow her foot to rotate easier between the pedals. She must have some small pixie feet.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is she heel-toe driving? This isn't a manual Lambo!!!

(I'm giving you a hard time. Other than the pedal adjustment button (I think that's on all trim levels??) that would bring the pedals closer to her, I don't know of any adjustment that would bring them closer to each other.)

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The first month I drove my Expedition, I literally MISSED the brake pedal completely. The brake pedal is by far the farthest to the left of any other vehicle that I drive. I have 11 cars, trucks, hot rods, etc and I have NEVER done that in any of the other vehicles. I'm used to it now, but its much farther left than anything else I have. Its not a huge deal, but It was very annoying the first week I had it. The first day my wife drove it, she asked what the hell was wrong with the brake pedal. lol.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The first month I drove my Expedition, I literally MISSED the brake pedal completely. The brake pedal is by far the farthest to the left of any other vehicle that I drive. I have 11 cars, trucks, hot rods, etc and I have NEVER done that in any of the other vehicles. I'm used to it now, but its much farther left than anything else I have. Its not a huge deal, but It was very annoying the first week I had it. The first day my wife drove it, she asked what the hell was wrong with the brake pedal. lol.
Pretty sad these manufacturers screw up so badly they can't even put the pedals in the correct place.
Sad we'll have to test drive for something so stupid.