Brake Bleed Procedure 2015 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really like like the fluid pumper that pushes it out via the reservoir. Decisions decisions.

I looked at the fluid pumper but I was concerned that I would be pushing any junk or debris from the calipers or brake lines through the ABS module into the master cylinder reservoir. Knowing the ABS module has intricate valves (at least 4 of them) and is expensive to replace I decided on using the vacuum pump. Any debris that would have entered the ABS module would have come from the master cylinder reservoir. I would say there would be much less debris coming from the master cylinder reservoir than from the rest of the braking system.

Have you ever seen the nasty fluid you get out of the caliper when you push the piston in to replace the pads? Imagine pushing that stuff through the ABS module into your master cylinder. No way!

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe a special Ford computer tool is required to fully flush the brake fluid, as the shuttle valves in the ABS module must be activated to move the new fluid through the valves.

On GM vehicles, a GM Tech II device is used to complete this process.

I own a 2015 Expediton Limited 4x4.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe a special Ford computer tool is required to fully flush the brake fluid, as the shuttle valves in the ABS module must be activated to move the new fluid through the valves.

On GM vehicles, a GM Tech II device is used to complete this process.

I own a 2015 Expediton Limited 4x4.

You are correct but it really is more for bleeding the air out when it is installed new and for diagnostic purposes. The ABS module restricts and pulsates brake fluid to the individual wheel to prevent wheel lockup. When you flush the system normally you replace 98% of the fluid in the ABS module. The remaining fluid is minuscule.