Brake Control Mounting location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scuba_wes

Reaction score
Have any of you installed an electric trailer brake controller? Wherer did you mount it?

I have a P3 I want to install but dont really want to put it down by my feet!

(I have a 08)

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I only tow a trailer with brakes in the winter so I temp mounted it in the center console in front of the arm rest. Theres a little spot there to throw shit in with a black rubber bottom. I pulled up the bottom and made holes there to mount it. The rubber floor covered the holes when it wasn't there. Decent for temporary use but for long term that spot is very useful and usually gets covered.

thats a 99 though.

OP
OP
S

scuba_wes

Reaction score
That is a good idea. I was planning on mounting it permentaly.... But for how often I will be using it, a temp mount would work better. I pulled the trim piece under the HVAC controls thinking it was hollow behing there, but its not :-(

I'll get it wired and mounted this weekend.

THANKS!

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll admit though it was nice for setting the power (being winter was fairly sensative). And I didn't have to screw with the leveling as it is an inertia controller.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Scuba --

Where ya mounting yours? Post a photo if you can.

Here's ours:

YRGXP-110772944-IMG_0774.JPG

-- Chuck

OP
OP
S

scuba_wes

Reaction score
As soon as I get it and get it Mounted I will definatly post some photos.

Chuck, do you find that it gets in the way under the dash? and How easy is it ot get to and adjust from a driving position?

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
It isn't necessary to adjust the P3 (or Prodigy) from a driving position. Ya gotta lean down to make the initial and periodic adjustments but it's not that difficult. After that ya just drive.

This has been mounted there for a year without getting in my way for every day driving.

I can reach the over-ride with minor effort. Mounted using an existing bolt in that position.

-- Chuck

Joe S.

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but mine is mounted next to my center console under my ignition switch. Doesn't get in my way at all and it is easy to reach with my right hand. It is attached with some quicktap screws.

I like the temp mount on the center console but my iPod goes there! :D