Brake lights stuck on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SepticFuddy

Reaction score
EDIT: Looks like there's been some arcing in the brake switch, dirtied up the contact. Jiggling the wires would turn it on and off. A few passes with a file cleaned it up some but not enough to be truly reliable. Yet another unexpected, unrelated parts expense. Oh well...

After wrestling for weeks to swap out the evaporator core (what a nightmare!), I finally got my 04 EB 5.4L put back together. The problem is, the brake lights stay on, even when the car is off, so I've had to pull that fuse and keep it off the road for now. I suspect that one of the 2 multipin connectors I left unconnected might be the problem, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out where they could plug in and figured they were extraneous. I'll post pictures of them below, so if anyone knows where they're supposed to be, I'd very much appreciate a tip. Other than that, I can't think of anything else that could be causing the problem. Suggestions are welcome, thanks for your help

This one is by the parking brake (left wall, near the firewall):

brake connector.jpg

And this one is between the radio and instrument cluster:

radio connector.jpg

Last edited: