Brake line diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to a complete brake line diagram for my '99XLT?

In May, I took the truck from Mass to Myrtle Beach SC for bike week towing my 6x12 trailer with my bike in it. On the way down I was pulling out of the gas station and the pedal went to the floor. It was the line that went from the Master cylinder to the ABS block, got it towed to the dealer and replaced, on the way home going through NY approaching the toll another line blew out, again, went to Midas and had that replaced.
At this point I want to go through and replace all the lines, front to back. I was going to buy a new truck (2012 F-150 Crew w/ Ecoboost) but the wife is giving me a hard time,this truck is paid for and only has 106K on it so I am going to put some $$$ into it.
I would prefer a visual diagram- Thanks

spadesluck

Reaction score
I just got done replacing all my brake lines on my 97. The only ones that I bought from the dealer where the 2 lines going from the master cylinder to the ABS block. All the lines coming out of the ABS block I made myself. Its not to difficult to handle. You really do not need a diagram, just follow the existing lines that are already there.

OP
OP
Jay87LX

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got done replacing all my brake lines on my 97. The only ones that I bought from the dealer where the 2 lines going from the master cylinder to the ABS block. All the lines coming out of the ABS block I made myself. Its not to difficult to handle. You really do not need a diagram, just follow the existing lines that are already there.

Thanks, I already replaced one of those MC to ABS block lines. Did you go buy the lines first or pull all the old ones, bring to the parts store and match up lengths? Also, do you have the PN number of those 2 lines?

Last edited:

spadesluck

Reaction score
There is no mathcing those up at a parts store. They are a dealer specific line, trust me. Since they have the flex hose built into them its a speacial type of line. Go to the dealership and get them. Just tell them the make and model of you truck, or give them your VIN and they should be able to pull them up for ya.