Brake Pads

Discussion in '2nd Gen - 2003 - 2006' started by SOHCammer, Jul 27, 2013.

1. SOHCammer

SOHCammer New Member

Can anyone suggest a good brake pad that does not make the wheels black in just a few days? The gentleman that owned this 05 Eddie Bauer before me had just installed new front pads a little while before he sold it to me. I'm figuring he cheaped out and bought some junk semi-metallics that throw more dust than any brake pad I've ever seen. Since he didn't install new rotors that it desperately needs I will replace both pads and rotors. I run ceramics on my Crown Vic and they are great, just wondered if anyone can make a recommendation.

2. Jkoogler

Jkoogler Member

I would look at ebc green stuff pads.

3. ELVATO

ELVATO Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't remember the exact ones I got, but I do remember getting them at Car Quest. They were either the Blue or the Reds, but I do remember them being semi-metallics. They didn't dust that bad, especially compared to the stock ones which pretty much dust after 2-3 days.

You could probably get the Autozone or Advance Auto ceramics and be fine.

4. Jkoogler

Jkoogler Member

5. Stoned06

Stoned06 Full Access Members

I am very happy with the set I got off ebay from the seller brakemotive. Powerstop pads and drilled/slotted rotors for all 4 corners for $205 shipped.

6. ZombieSoldier

ZombieSoldier Full Access Members

just get a set of ceramic brake pads. but i honestly would upgrade to drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads like i did... well worth every dime

7. alaskanexpy

alaskanexpy Full Access Members

8. Hamfisted

Hamfisted Full Access Members

The Akebono Ceramics are awesome pads. Zero dust, long lasting, great braking. I have them on all my vehicles. They aren't cheap, but they last longer than the cheap ones too. They don't seem to tear up the rotors either.

-Mike

Akebono Ceramic Pads

9. SOHCammer

SOHCammer New Member

Yes, Akebono makes great pads and are OEM on most Toyotas. They don't list them for the Expedition so they are out. I'm currently using Bendix CT3 ceramics on my Vic and may go with them again. Just wasn't sure about ceramics on the truck chassis. Thanks for all the recommendations, you guys are great. :happy160:

10. onlyexilove

onlyexilove Full Access Members

I am running cross drilled and slotted front rotors from brakeperformance.com and ceramics from Autozone. No issue at all, very little dust and great performance. Installed them about 10 months ago and still doesn't seem like they are wearing down at all.