brake problems...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Today, while driving the pedal went to the floor when braking. I got home and noticed ALOT of brake fluid on the frame underneath. I looked at the master cylinder and noticedc it was empty. I filled it up andf had my wife press the pedal I could hear fluid comming out, but could not see from above where it was comming form. I noticed under the master cylinder and air box, there looks like the ABS controller/sensor. The brake lines look to go to and from it. Is that the ABS "brain"? Think the lines are rusted out? Can the ABS "brain(as I am calling it) go bad and rupture? It does not look to be a left front brake line. Will check more into it tomorrow, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Or, similar?

OP
OP
johnboneske

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there was no fluid comming out of the master cylinder, or power brake booster... it was comming out down near the frame, I noticed a "box" mounted on the frame and it looked to have brake lines going in and out of it...

Last edited:
OP
OP
johnboneske

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it was the left front brake line, the hard line that goes from the distro to the brass blcok mounted near the control arm. Now, I need to find where to get one!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
junk yard...ebay...tascafordparts.com...stylintrucks.com...autoanything.com...partswarehouse.com...usautoparts.com