Brakes Pulsating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I have had this problem since winter and it seems to be getting worse as of late. My ABS light popped up in the middle of winter and has not gone away

At first I thought the pulsating was the brakes up front that were in pitiful condition, and I replaced the pads and rotors on both sides.

Shortly after I had to replace the master cylinder to abs module brake line, but I did not bleed the brakes.

I also did the mod on f150 online where you turn a bolt inside of the master cylinder that is supposed to remove the slack from the brake pedal

To me this problem is either the ABS sensor, where ever that is, the after effects of the mod, or too much air in the lines, any suggestions?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pulsating brakes are from feedback in the hydraulic circuit. That usually comes from out of round rotors, drums or extreme cases out of round tires.

Anytime a hydraulic circuit is opened it is a good habit to bleed the system. That way you ensure no air in the system and you install fresh/clean brake fluid. Adjusting the pedal freeplay doesn't affect anything other than when the master cylinder starts operating. No freeplay can be bad if it starts to apply the brakes early. This is assuming you adjusted the rod from the pedal to the vac booster under the dash.

Usual fault on ABS is a sensor at one of the wheels. Better to read the codes to make sure though. The abs system can fail in other ways but I see the sensors more than the modules at work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jacks3am

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I have a feeling that its the abs system because it was pulsating even before I replaced the rotors and pads. Ill go scan it later today and see what pops up! And to let you know, I adjusted the freeplay by turning a nut inside of the master cylinder counter clockwise 1/4 turn