Broken tail light, 2019 Platinum $750???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My destroyed led tailight cost me (parking company) $1200, so yea its not bad at all.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A lot of it is due to being a low volume auto with little to no aftermarket support being due to again, low volume. Look at how cheap the LED taillights and headlights are for the F-150 in comparison. Lots more aftermarket availability and volume to sell cheaper even via oem.

Ummmm...Have you checked the prices for headlight assemblies on the high trim F150s? Because they’re $1500.

These assemblies are expensive, high volume or not.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ummmm...Have you checked the prices for headlight assemblies on the high trim F150s? Because they’re $1500.

These assemblies are expensive, high volume or not.

You could not be more incorrect friend. They generally are $300-$400 a piece for BLIS equipped Lariat and the like tail-lamps especially aftermarket ones which most have been purchasing when they bust them.

Last edited:

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You could not be more incorrect friend. They generally are $300-$400 a piece for BLIS equipped Lariat and the like tail-lamps especially aftermarket ones which most have been purchasing when they bust them.

Headlights. Part no 13008.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JEx, that was the one! You saved me at least $300 and I truly appreciate it! Makes me a a little less p*ssed at myself for deciding to back down my driveway in the first snow we've had in a few years. Now just a few scratches to get buffed out. Thanks again!
No problem! I try to help where I can lol

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We aren’t talking about headlights no relation to this thread

My point was led light assemblies are expensive. My most humblest of apologies for intruding upon your thread with a related piece of information. I’ll leave so y’all can continue talking about how a three year old vehicle that sells almost a 100k units a year is low volume. Tootles!

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My point was led light assemblies are expensive. My most humblest of apologies for intruding upon your thread with a related piece of information. I’ll leave so y’all can continue talking about how a three year old vehicle that sells almost a 100k units a year is low volume. Tootles!

lol relax friend, no apologies needed. My apologies to you. You supply helpful info all the time sorry if I seemed short and condescending.

Last edited:

pittsy

Reaction score
For those of you who broke the passenger tail light..Give me a price. I need the plastic piece that screws onto the car. They don't sell that part individually and I'm not buying a new tail light for that piece.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP, if you broke just the outer plastic lens, you can offset your loss by listing it on ebay yourself once the replacement arrives. There is a market of buyers for broken lamps (front, rear, you name it) and they use the expensive LED innerds to repair/replace other lamps.

A friend runs a body shop and they make a killing "recycling" what appears to be useless junk to most people. Your lamp isn't worthless, its worth a little less.

Like ugly people want you to believe, its whats on the inside that counts.

Example:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-2009-...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557