Brushguard in south florida..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think one bar can fit all these models "models f150 f250 f350 Excursion Expedition Explorer 03 and down"

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think your truck would look better without the guard...if you had a lift w/bigger tires than it would go great...youre in the "between" stage...not really street...not really a lift/mud/4-wheeler truck

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i think your truck would look better without the guard...if you had a lift w/bigger tires than it would go great...youre in the "between" stage...not really street...not really a lift/mud/4-wheeler truck

I still would get one if I found a good deal and had a few extra bucks. Lots of the roads I travel in Wyoming have a tendency of collecting deer or pronghorn at night, sometimes even a herd of elk. Even though lots of people get these guards for looks, I would buy mine for purpose.

OP
OP
FtLaudBlkGT

FtLaudBlkGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I still would get one if I found a good deal and had a few extra bucks. Lots of the roads I travel in Wyoming have a tendency of collecting deer or pronghorn at night, sometimes even a herd of elk. Even though lots of people get these guards for looks, I would buy mine for purpose.

While I don't have deer problems here, I like to be able to run over people and small cars that get in my way and the brush guard definitely keeps the bumper from getting damaged. :rockit:

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While I don't have deer problems here, I like to be able to run over people and small cars that get in my way and the brush guard definitely keeps the bumper from getting damaged. :rockit:

That too. I want to build my own bumper sometime, so I haven't been to concerned about getting one yet, but when I went around a bend in the mountains last fall at 70 mph and saw 3 cow elk in the middle of the road, I definitely :poop: my pants. I've never hit anything before, but had a few deer run into the side of my old truck before. . .

OP
OP
FtLaudBlkGT

FtLaudBlkGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That too. I want to build my own bumper sometime, so I haven't been to concerned about getting one yet, but when I went around a bend in the mountains last fall at 70 mph and saw 3 cow elk in the middle of the road, I definitely :poop: my pants. I've never hit anything before, but had a few deer run into the side of my old truck before. . .

Nothing like an old school 4 inch around hollow jeep bumper filled with concrete!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nothing like an old school 4 inch around hollow jeep bumper filled with concrete!

thats how you do it. i just sold my brushguard for $180. i bought it for $170 with the hellas and sold it for $180 with out. haha i would say anything under $200 used would be a good deal for a brushguard. but remember its only as strong as the bolts. you hit something hard enough it will break. just build your own bumper. my uncle did his jeep and TOOK OUT a mustang. he said 2 more inchs and the guy would be dead. the mustang had to be towed away my uncle had blue paint on his bumper. haha its made out 1/2 steel i think. haha custom made to hold a water jug, shovel and axe. luckily the axe wasnt attached at the time. haha im still going to build my bumper one day. if i can get into my damn classes! soon! hopefully.

OP
OP
FtLaudBlkGT

FtLaudBlkGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats how you do it. i just sold my brushguard for $180. i bought it for $170 with the hellas and sold it for $180 with out. haha i would say anything under $200 used would be a good deal for a brushguard. but remember its only as strong as the bolts. you hit something hard enough it will break. just build your own bumper. my uncle did his jeep and TOOK OUT a mustang. he said 2 more inchs and the guy would be dead. the mustang had to be towed away my uncle had blue paint on his bumper. haha its made out 1/2 steel i think. haha custom made to hold a water jug, shovel and axe. luckily the axe wasnt attached at the time. haha im still going to build my bumper one day. if i can get into my damn classes! soon! hopefully.

Like I said, you can't beat "Old School" bumpers...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani