Cabin Filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Wiped Cam

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good diagrams of the HVAC system at Silver State Ford Parts. I found this diagram.

Looks like putting a sock over #9 (screen) is the easiest solution. Does anyone know where this is? I am thinking engine compartment, to allow the *cough* fresh air to enter, but I haven't really figured this out. I sure don't see an intake.

View attachment 36846

That's the rear aux hvac unit. It lives behind the right rear quarter panel interior trim.

The Wiped Cam

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok. So where is the air intake? Or where else can a filter be adapted?

Number 1 on the pic you posted is the air intake. it looks like this from the other side:

fdfa51f1-95a6-43e0-94de-5a801e99f141_Screen_Shot_2017-09-13_at_9.35.48_PM.png

The image above doesnt show the screen attachment in front of the blower intake.

Number 9 below is the screen I'm talking about:

2011 HVAC Diagram.jpg

You can possibly fashion a cabin filter and stick it in place of the said screen, but I'm not sure if the rear blower motor is rated for that kind of restriction. A simple test with an ammeter can reveal the capabilities of that blower though.

ps: post edited, because i posted some factually wrong info.

Last edited:

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 2012 Escape, you remove part of the cowl by the windshield wiper and that’s where the filter goes. Strange that an Escape has a filter, but an Expedition doesn’t.

Menard LaDouche

Reaction score
I mean, where is it on the car? Not the picture. I can't figure out how the air gets from the outside to the inside, and need to stuff a dirty sock in the hole to stop the dust from filling my interior.

The Wiped Cam

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wiped, where do you get those color part illustrations? I've seen them for years and have no idea where they come from.

There's a super cheap way, and then there's an expensive way through Helm Inc. Go the cheaper way by looking up this on ebay: [insert model year] Expedition Service Manual

You will then be presented with a bunch of options. Go with the result that has a cd with Ford logo on it. Thereafter follow the following sample pictorial:

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png

I mean, where is it on the car? Not the picture. I can't figure out how the air gets from the outside to the inside, and need to stuff a dirty sock in the hole to stop the dust from filling my interior.

cav.jpg

Last edited:

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Cam, a million thanks. Solved a ten year mystery for me. I have the Ford disks but never found the part component illustrations on them. Guess I didn't look hard enough.

Menard LaDouche

Reaction score
Maybe the unit in the back blows air around the back, and the unit in the front blows air around the front. But how does the air get into the car in the first place? Thats the spot that needs a dust stopper.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani