Can the GPS accept coordiantes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can the 4th gen GPA accept coordinates instead of an address?

I am headed to a festival in farm country and there is no street address where I am headed. It would be handy to use the coordinates.

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can the 4th gen GPA accept coordinates instead of an address?

I am headed to a festival in farm country and there is no street address where I am headed. It would be handy to use the coordinates.
I would suggest just using your phone and Google Maps. You can plug it in with a USB cable if you have a Pre-2022 4th gen and use Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Use Google Maps on your phone or just plug it in for Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. If you do this stuff often, you can also get a Binize box to turn your infotainment screen into an Android tablet with Google Maps and everything (but you'll need to piggyback off your phone's data plan, an extra SIM card plugged in, or have a mobile hotspot available for it to connect to).

2020-MAX-Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It seems Sync 3 systems will accept coordinates. If you have a Ford.com online account for your vehicle, bring up the Owners Manual (HTML) and search "navi" then click Navigation. Or crack open your printed manual and find the Navigation section.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 3.33.22 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 3.33.22 AM.png
    370.2 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
A

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It seems Sync 3 systems will accept coordinates. If you have a Ford.com online account for your vehicle, bring up the Owners Manual (HTML) and search "navi" then click Navigation. Or crack open your printed manual and find the Navigation section.

Was I supposed to get a printed manual?!?

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was I supposed to get a printed manual?!?
Your vehicle was supposed to come with a printed abridged manual with just stuff you'll need in case of an emergency. Ford mostly went digital with the complete manual. You can find it on Ford's website.

The manual should also be built into your infotainment display.