Can't activate running lights on '17 Expedition Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plati

Reaction score
HavasuMike enabled DRL's using Forscan
https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/first-try-problem-changing-drl.35518/#post-302138

and yes that's not a 2017, its a 2016 ... but good info regardless
all information is good, part of the puzzle ;)

DRL's required in Canada ... sort of
so one would think all Expys are born with that inherent capability
https://www.thestar.com/autos/2016/...-daytime-running-lights-legal-in-ontario.html
So I better be aware of where I'm driving in Canada and turn on lights as required, or just have dealer enable them for me ... or get Forscan and do myself

Coolzzy said on one post that only (USA) Fleet vehicles come with it enabled

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OP
OP
Stotadude

Stotadude

Reaction score
I didn't even notice the rear windshield scratch until a few days after purchase. I have a 60 day warranty but doubt the small dealer will cover the scratch. I will contact them tomorrow to find out. Thanks for the update on HID lights on my '14 F150 - they sure were bright. I see OBD's for $30 and $90. I'm guessing the $90 one is better. Been experiencing a lot of fog lately in early morning driving. Fog lights and low beams let me see much better than high beams.

fidget247

Reaction score
The LED fog lights on the '17 Expedition just beg to be turned on as DRLs. Typical Ford dealer will tell you it can't be done. Those who know how to do it will want a lot of money for 5 minutes work. Forscan software and a $30 OBD2 interface for your laptop will allow DRLs and and several other handy things to be set such as turning the blinding headlight and fog light indicators off on the dash, number of blinks for the momentary turn signals, Bambi mode fog lights which remain on with high beams -- very nice if you ever get up to North Country, enable the Ford brake controller, etc.

When the fog lights are set to DRL they're on all the time until darkness after which they're controlled by the headlight light switch. Unless you pull it out the DRLs will turn off when it gets dark and the headlights turn on.

-- Chuck
chuck S, I'm new to Forscan. can I download the IOS app from the app store and then get a ELM327 WiFi device and be ready to rock and roll on changing the DRL to the LED lights, removing the light indicators off the dash and things like that? Or do I need to have Forscan on my computer to do these things?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
chuck S, I'm new to Forscan. can I download the IOS app from the app store and then get a ELM327 WiFi device and be ready to rock and roll on changing the DRL to the LED lights, removing the light indicators off the dash and things like that? Or do I need to have Forscan on my computer to do these things?

The mobile app is only for monitoring, no changes. You need the PC version to make changes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65