First try - problem changing DRL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HavasuMike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm really confused now. I hope nothing is screwed up. I was going to try to add the daytime running lights. When I started it up, the profile started loading, but after every module, it said something like "Cannot read DCS". Then I clicked on BdyCM and start service and it said "service procedure was interrupted". I thought this was going to be simple, but now I'm freaked out. What is wrong?

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m gonna be watching this thread. My dongle arrived last week but I haven’t connected yet.

OP
OP
H

HavasuMike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tried again and got "unable to connect to vehicle". I think I may have gotten this message the last time also but I did not see it. I decided that the reader was not working and I returned it. I will now try a different one.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tried again and got "unable to connect to vehicle". I think I may have gotten this message the last time also but I did not see it. I decided that the reader was not working and I returned it. I will now try a different one.
What reader did you get? I paid the $85 for the Bluetooth one everyone recommends and it’s worked flawlessly.

OP
OP
H

HavasuMike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the OHP ELMconfig
I returned it today and ordered the OBDLink MX bluetooth. I liked having the usb cable, but if it works, I'll take the bluetooth. Everyone seems to like this one. I got it for $79

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the OHP ELMconfig
I returned it today and ordered the OBDLink MX bluetooth. I liked having the usb cable, but if it works, I'll take the bluetooth. Everyone seems to like this one. I got it for $79
This is the one I am talking about. I wanted a cable as well but this one has seriously been flawless with connections.

OP
OP
H

HavasuMike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got it today. Worked the first time. I tried to change the daytime running lights but was unsuccessful. I changed the BCM to 726-12-01 xxxx x1xx xx. Nothing happened. I may try the change to fog lights for DRL. I think I read that you need led lights for what I tried to work. I don't know if I have leds or not. Also don't know if there is anything else that is required for this change. My first change is not really going well. Hopefully things will smooth out. At least the reader is working. I want to get to the speedo change next. My speedo is 2mph off.

OP
OP
H

HavasuMike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Success!! For newbies like me, this is how I did it. This time, I did not use the "as built" BCM. I used the BCM without as built and everything came up in english. It said "daytime running lights" and "disabled". I just clicked on disabled and the options came up "enable". After selecting enable, the options for head lamps or fog lamps came up. I selected head lamps, saved (write) and everything worked. Besides the head lights, the parking lights are also on. I think I read somewhere that there is an option to turn them off. When you use the as built module, you get the codes where you change one byte at a time.

OP
OP
H

HavasuMike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
PS the parking lights are on because I was using the wrong code on the first try. I will have to go back and reverse it. (BCM 726-12-01 xxxx x1xx xx)