Can't get my tires/rims Off ?HELP "01 EXP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pancake

Reaction score
Ok I've removed the lug nuts off the rims yet the tires won't come off . I need to rotate these tires. What am i missing?:confused:

Keydo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If all the bolts are off and the wheel (rim) is still on the rub, it has probably rusted onto the hub. You need to give it a good whack to separate the wheel from the hub.

When putting it back on, use some anti-seize compound (found at your local automotive store) and apply it on the hub and the wheel. This will make wheel removal easier in the future. It's also a good idea to put some on the lug threads when putting the bolts back.

Good luck.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ford dose not recomend any lube or anti seise on lugs or studs
yes you can put it on the hub face I would use a little emory cloth on the hub too

phjohnso

Honcho
Reaction score
this is very simple to fix - put the lug nuts back on then loosen them so they don't touch the rim - get in the truck - put it in gear and roll back and forth from forward to reverse - the wheel will break loose real quick - DON't back off the lug nuts to much - use common sense. good luck

get your free web counter at www.atflash.com

Keydo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No anti-seize on lugs/bolts?

Just curious as to why because I've always put a dab of anti-seize on the lugs of all my cars as a layer of corrosion resistance to keep things from rusting together.

In case someone brings it up, it's my view point that anti-Seize doesn't change the torque specs for lug nuts because the resistance your seeing is from the nut pushing on the wheel, not from the friction of the nut and stud. So putting anti-sieze shouldn't change any spec for torque. (This is just my take on things).

Is there something special or different with regards to Ford?

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The parts guy from ford told me that, i can't think why he said that cause i did it to all the police cars i worked on

Silver Ex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Another thing you can try is loosening the lugs a few turns with the tire on the ground, then rock the truck side to side a few times by pushing against the side of the fender above that wheel. The weight of the truck should pop the wheel loose. Then just jack up that corner and remove the lugs to take the wheel off. Let the weight of the truck do the work to break the wheel free.

Be safe and Good Luck!