can't shut off back-up alarm quickly on '17

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Just curious what differences you've seen.

The Bargman 7-pole connector center pin is not defined by standard but is universally used for back-up lights. I mounted inexpensive fog lights on my camper rear bumper as backup lights since we frequently get to camp grounds after dark.

-- Chuck

OP
OP
H

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I only have brakes on one trailer and the brakes seem to work fine.

So, chuck, why would you activate the electric brake controller on the dash if you weren't towing a trailer? Am I missing something?

Were you just doing it as a test?

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Moved the slider just to see what happens. "No trailer connected" shows up on the display.

I connected my Tekonsha Trailer Emulator to the back of the truck this morning. This device has LEDs that show what connections are working. The BK (brake) LED illuminates when I press the brakes but manually moving the slider shows the same "No trailer connected" notification. I assume the emulator doesn't have enough internal resistance to trick the truck into thinking there's really a trailer back there. You have the opposite symptoms as even with a trailer there the truck is unaware of it. You sure the brakes are working?

My brakes are set to 5.5 on the scale.

-- Chuck

OP
OP
H

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, the brakes on the horse trailer work fine. I run them at about 2.0.