Cape Cod MA front end work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a '17 Limited with only 50k on the clock with front end issues. My son says it's either ball joints or tie rod ends.

My local Ford dealer hasn't really inspired a great deal of confidence. Has anyone had someone else do work of this nature on the Cape that they would recommend?

thanks

OP
OP
H

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you go over bumps it's a bit noisy and feels a tad loose.

Agreed, just turning 50k seems way early for this stuff.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you go over bumps it's a bit noisy and feels a tad loose.

Agreed, just turning 50k seems way early for this stuff.
I actually think this is normal for the new suspension design that came with the with Expy Gen 3A upgrade in 2015.

I bought my 2017 new and immediatly noticed the front suspension was noisy like something was loose. I was able to compare the new 2017 side by side with my 47,000 mi 2011 and sure enough the earlier truck has different front suspension which provides a quieter more sure ride, especially over rough pavement and bumps.

Thinking the same things as you, I’ve had it up on my lift several times to look it over and again at each oil change. I have found nothing to speak of and my 2011 at 60k is still much quieter and surer than the 2017 at 40k. If you find something I did not, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT IT IS.

OP
OP
H

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your information. It makes me feel like maybe there isn't a problem.

My son would have no prior knowledge about any of that.

Anyone else out there have feedback?

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your information. It makes me feel like maybe there isn't a problem.

My son would have no prior knowledge about any of that.

Anyone else out there have feedback?
Out of curiosity, was it Balise you brought it to?

OP
OP
H

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, that's part of my original question.

Does anyone in the Cape Cod, MA area have a recommendation for a good front end/alignment shop in the area?