Carlinkit - For Wireless Carplay/AA?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAMADOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seems redundant to use the wireless charging & be plugged in to run AA, was thinking about one of these wireless AA adapters.
Side benefit to going wireless as my wired connection on my phone seems to be failing & a bump in the road can stop charging/AA connection.

Saw the Carlinkit 4.0 recommended elsewhere, but know next to nothing on these.

craigerk

Reaction score
I have the carlkinkit 3.0 with iPhone, have had it close to a year. It worked great for the first 6 months or so but eventually started lagging badly, like half a mile off badly and I would miss my turns on google maps and apple maps, but waze was fine somehow it seemed. Also would freeze and restart on me randomly. Sometimes would have to manually unplug it to reset it. I just ordered a replacement to warranty it out so hopefully it won't do the same.

OP
OP
JAMADOR

JAMADOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I actually got AA working again wired.
Turns out there was lint in the charge port of the phone & it was preventing the charger from fully seating.
Cleaned it out with a sewing needle & did nearly 3k miles over Christmas with no hiccups.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cleaned it out with a sewing needle
Since my phone is in my pocket most of the time, this happens a lot to me.
Next time do not use anthing metal you could short something out real quick.
I use a toothpick.

OP
OP
JAMADOR

JAMADOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Problem there, was that the sewing needle was the only thing thin enough to reach the bottom.
Tried a couple different paper clips, toothpick, SIM tray pusher, all too thick.
Android phone, type-C charger, the center bit was in the way. Toothpick would probably work for an iPhone, with not having a tab in the middle of the charge port.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graphite-INDITE