Catch can results after 5k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Doing my first oil change since catch can was installed. Going to full synthetic now. This is all that came out.20190909_133616.jpg

OP
OP
TheDoug

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After pouring it out it was more of a watery consistency than I thought it would be.

What has everyone else poured out of their catch can?

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To be honest, in a forced induction system, if this all what was collected after 5k miles then Ford engineers did a great job in designing the PCV system for this generation ecoboost.

Thanks for sharing.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2017 collects approx 1oz. Per 1k miles. And mine seams to be black & watery, hardly any oily feel to the collected gunk.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2016 Expy. I have the JLT and empty it every 1500 miles. Always oil, in the winter there is water mixed in.

Gregg Eshelman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why are PCV systems on fuel injected engines all designed to dump the crap into the dry part of the intake? If it dumped the vapor into a wet part of the intake it'd *all* get burned and wouldn't gunk up the inside of the intake.

I recently changed plugs and wires on a 1997 Taurus LX with 108K miles, which required removing the upper intake. It was a horrible mess in there to clean.