cats and exhausts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK so I have narrowed our miss to the cat. I have replaced everything else from coils to plugs, to egr crap to the o2 sensors. since this has had a misfire before which was likely also caused by the injector sticking open, i'm sure the cat is FUBAR'd.

so I want to replace it with a hi-flow magnaflow universal cat.. you know one of the spun jobs. I don't want to just delete the cats because IMHO it sounds horrible. the question have is, do I put a bung on the pipe before or after the replacement cat to place that specific sensor?

also does anyone here run the CGS Motorsports catback exhaust? My wife is finally starting to complain about the flowmaster THAT SHE WANTED, when i suggested the Borla and Magnaflow. She was looking around online and came across the CGS, and likes the sound of it, but we need to make sure it doesn't drone like the Flowmaster.

Here is a video of the exhaust

Ford F-150 w/ CGS Cat-Back Exhaust System - YouTube

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I don't know the location of the O2 sensors in your particular application. But there are 2 sets of O2 sensors. There is one set ahead of the cats that the pcm uses for tuning purposes (to adjust fuel trims). These are typically located very close to the exhaust manifold. Then there is one set located after the cats used only to check the catalytic converters efficiency.

I can tell you the spun metallic cats did very little for sound attenuation in my application. I have the magnaflow 3" spun metallic cats (200 cell per sq in).

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What popping sound?

I have both my cats deleted and a Dynomax SuperTurbo 3"i/o muffler with a 3" mufflerback tailpipe and I get no crackling or popping... It's surprisingly quiet until I get on it and even then it's not super loud. Also has a nice burble at idle and no drone at any speed less than 85 or so, then it's a little louder.

I can take a video with my GoPro Black (pretty darn good quality) if you'd like, may save you some serious coin in not having to buy expensive cats and a name brand exhaust...?

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Never had to tune anything, I don't have a programmer. I read that it won't trip it even with just the precats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't find anyone to do the delete on my truck

Holy Roller Christian Car Club (HRC3) National Member...