cats and exhausts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haha, I cut them out so they had no choice really, one shop said no, then one dais yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ZombieSoldier

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well guess I don't have to worry about it anymore. Traded it in on Friday night for a brand new Civic. Wife is soooo happy to have a brand new economical car and we are saving a good amount of money every month now, just between the car payment and the insurance let alone gas!

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you went into the car thinking it was economical? Ive never understood when people trade cars in for the complete opposite for the MPG excuse.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So you went into the car thinking it was economical? Ive never understood when people trade cars in for the complete opposite for the MPG excuse.

I don't think that was what he meant. I can totally see why paying 1/4 of the fuel cost each month can be worth losing the spacious SUV personally. Looks like he has a diesel rig that can do anything the Expy could towing-wise, so I can see the justification for trading it in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ZombieSoldier

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no, you are misquoting me.

i said it was more economical. between car payment and insurance I am saving over $100 a month alone, not including the fuel. We don't use the vehicle to its capacity anymore, so it was a waste for us to have it. We really only used it for traveling, well hell my diesel gets better fuel mileage than the expedition, and we all fit in that plenty well. So for the amount we use it, it wasn't worth keeping it. Not to mention it was nickel and diming us to death with trying to fix the damn hesitation problems that 3 dealerships couldn't pinpoint. So yes as you can see, it is more economical having a car that is more fuel efficient, less on monthly payments, less on insurance, and has a lifetime warranty. (regular 3/36,000 bumper to bumper, 6 year/ 60,000 powertrain then after that as long as we own it all repairs are $100 total)

so effectively I am saving around $200+ a month by getting rid of the expedition. $200 a month that I can use to upgrade our house, or the diesel or whatever.

Last edited:

Yudaman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But your warranty won't cover a timing belt! Sorry, I am biased against Honda.... (buddy of mine was parts manager of our local Honda dealership.)
Sorry to hear you traded in your Expy, but GRATZ on making the wife happy!!! We all know how difficult that is to do most days. LOL

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man if I wasn't 6'7 and needed a big rig that'd tow well, and was cheap as dirt, I'd have gotten something else for sure. I don't like how much gas this uses at all lol!

I think you did what was right for ya, congrats there for sure!

I am surprised however the insurance was less, I only pay about $100/mo for full coverage on the expy and my corolla (which I'll be fixing and selling soon for a motorcycle).

What kinda diesel ya got?

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hate to admit it but i went and looked at cars while we were having gf car checked at dealership. And being 6'9" and 350lbs. The new chevy cruze was a comfortable fit. Sorry to see zombie go. Maybe you will come back down the road.

OP
OP
ZombieSoldier

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man if I wasn't 6'7 and needed a big rig that'd tow well, and was cheap as dirt, I'd have gotten something else for sure. I don't like how much gas this uses at all lol!

I think you did what was right for ya, congrats there for sure!

I am surprised however the insurance was less, I only pay about $100/mo for full coverage on the expy and my corolla (which I'll be fixing and selling soon for a motorcycle).

What kinda diesel ya got?

2008 F250 with 6.4 powerstroke that has a exhaust, tunes, intake, upgraded turbo, and some other stuff. Makes too much power lol

hate to admit it but i went and looked at cars while we were having gf car checked at dealership. And being 6'9" and 350lbs. The new chevy cruze was a comfortable fit. Sorry to see zombie go. Maybe you will come back down the road.

Thanks man.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360