CB Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maverick1701

Full Access Members
Reaction score
in dash CB install

My antenna, mount and wiring arrived for my CB (radio not here yet).

Once the CB radio arrives, I am going to run the stereo (that I installed today) and my CB in the dash (2 single dinn units in a double dinn slot) once I get everything cut out so the units can fit.

I'm not really a firestick fan but couldn't pass up a deal I found. I prefer either a 48in or 102in whip. I have used them in the past w/GREAT results.

I mounted the antenna, a 4ft firestick firefly in a manner I saw on here... I liked the mounting location and decided to copy (cant remember the posters name).

Here are pics...enjoy. (click to make larger)

Last edited:

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
walnuts is his name. and thats a great place to put it too. i just like mine on the roof. i got signals from truckers in river side before. thats a good 100 miles away.

OP
OP
Maverick1701

Maverick1701

Full Access Members
Reaction score
walnuts is his name. and thats a great place to put it too. i just like mine on the roof. i got signals from truckers in river side before. thats a good 100 miles away.

yup that's him!
I thought about putting it on the roof but I use my truck to haul kayaks up there and didnt want to have issues down the road w/them crushing/bending the antenna.

OP
OP
Maverick1701

Maverick1701

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got the CB installed today (stereo and CB in dash).

I used the double din install kit from the big company I forget their name...metra? (something like that). The trim pieces that came in the pack are useless and wont even fit around my stereo so for now I left them off.
I will post pictures tomorrow when its light enough to snap a few pictures.

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put my 64" scanner antenna the same spot. I'm looking to put my scanner and radio in the dash, so I am interested in seeing your install.