CB Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What have others done for a cb mount? Besides on the dash. I’m looking for nearby like on the side of the console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm going to be mounting one, but since i bought an SSV expy, i got the fire department console, so I've got lots of room. Still interested in what people are doing.

Cbohannan0513

Reaction score
Center the steering column directly under the steering wheel with the radio, and hang the mic on the right side of the lower dash panel on the drivers side? Wires could run straight to second source on the radio and you could use the stereo speakers as your output sound.

my trailer brake is mounted in that spot and I don’t notice it at all. I have used this setup in multiple make/ model SUV’s

CAKD07

Reaction score
In my '05 (shown) I mounted my ham rig in the console with the control head above the coin tray. My '16 doesn't have any room in the console so I'm thinking of mounting the entire radio on the right side of the console facing up in order to see the controls.

fuzzmanmatt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a ham radio in mine, it's mounted with industrial Velcro to the passenger side of the center console, with the head mounted to the dash. It made for running the cables really easy, I've got a K40 mounted to the back, ran the cable through the boot for the rear hatch, under the headliner, down the B pillar, under the carpet and up right under the mount. I tapped into the fuse panel with an Add-A-Fuse to the radio circuit so it turns off with the car. There's a ton of space behind the dash, it made running wires stupid easy. My wife doesn't even complain! For a CB the controls are a little out of reach, but it's not terrible. I like the Velcro because I can grab the radio out and go portable without much fuss.