CCD OR NOT????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My thinking is that if you're not planning on lifting the vehicle, then you're way better off with the CCD. If you are wanting a lifted vehicle, there are better candidates than an Expedition.

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My '20 had CCD, my '22SPP does not. I didn't realize I had to order it as with my '20 it just came with the package I had.
That said, I slightly prefer CCD. The floating feel to it did drive me nuts but my base suspension now rides worse than my lowered F150. I may swap to Bilsteins and see how much of an improvement there is.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
CCD is definitely a
Plus if your not into modding it. Long road trip rig definitely CCD.

If its going to be a dirt rig then keep it simple skip ccd

sliderz71

Reaction score
We have a '22 SPP Max without the CCD. For the driver and front passenger, I think the ride is mostly acceptable. I find that it gets worse as you go back rows..but the kids don't really complain. I wanted the sport suspension, but would have liked alot more absorption over bad pavement than what the stock setup offers. I'm hoping that when the OEM tires go, the replacements will make me regret less not getting the CCD option. I recently had a Hemi Durango as a rental and that had a far better suspension that was both fun to drive, keep at speed, and soak up broken pavement.

blkZ28spt

Reaction score
Comparing a '20 platinum max to a '23 stealth performance w/CCD...I'm a fan of the CCD

Deal breaker? Probably not.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Comparing a '20 platinum max to a '23 stealth performance w/CCD...I'm a fan of the CCD

Deal breaker? Probably not.
Both of those models have ccd. The post refresh trucks ride better on all suspension opts.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The CCD lets you adjust the suspension ride quality with the twist of a knob for the road surfaces you are on. I often swap modes just so it rides better on each surface..... Get the CCD

BMW2FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’d try as much as possible to get the CCD option. In sport mode, the floaty feel is really all gone and nice and tight but then you can go back to normal mode for a super smooth ride. The suspension seems to be more on point overall. I wouldn’t let it be a total deal breaker but if you don’t get it then plan to be changing the shocks to a better brand like Bilsteins since the non CCD shocks are of pretty poor quality. Other thing to look at it what brand tires are on the non CCD trucks. Lack of CCD and Hancock tires is a disaster.

ktreem

Reaction score
My only negative is that I’ve got a defective part in my passenger front that’s shutting the entire system down including drive modes. It’s something on national back order and the ride is noticeably worse with the drive fault message seeming to kill the system.

fordperfaddict

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. 23s with .9% or 1.48% interest in my area. Lot of stealths Do Not have CCD. This will be a pavement only vehicle.