Center Console Organizer Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Saltwater Soul

Reaction score
For those of us exercising our right for personal protection, I found this console safe to keep my carry in when I'm not allowed to carry (Post Office visits, government buildings, etc.) Be sure you're always securing those firearms, please!

https://accessories.ford.com/compartment-asy-stowage-11282.html

There are cheaper safes available, as well as some more expensive based upon security levels. I chose this mainly due to dealer promotions/discounts. It does work with the organizer grid, but not the tray.

Those are neat but for me, I am not sure I want the whole thing to be a safe. I am looking for a more discrete hidden solution for that. Perhaps that is a different thread.

Incidentally, I used the shop by dealer function and found incredible differences in quoted online prices. From $279 to $329 just in the three I checked. Quotes for installation were from $65 to $250 as well. Pays to shop around.

OP
OP
S

Saltwater Soul

Reaction score
I have the OCD organizer, as well as the tray that sits on top. Together they are excellent. Both are mentioned in the thread you referenced, but here's the links on amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076NRTBGH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KI7GFF8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought both of these and installed this weekend. I added a little cabinet door handle to the top tray to make it easier to move. Very easy to do. The top tray is a little brittle -- ask me how I know this. I dropped it twice from workbench when installing the handle and I chipped the corner.

Overall I am very pleased with the much better organization of the space.

Next goal is to provide a little more light into this area. Can't hardly see in there with that puny light at night. Also, now with the full tray on top, the bottom facing light doesn't help.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought both of these and installed this weekend. I added a little cabinet door handle to the top tray to make it easier to move. Very easy to do. The top tray is a little brittle -- ask me how I know this. I dropped it twice from workbench when installing the handle and I chipped the corner.

Overall I am very pleased with the much better organization of the space.

Great! I’d be really interested in your handle installation if you’d be willing to share a pic. I usually just grab ahold of one of the small compartment walls.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My police package came with a console replacing the front part of the Ford Console. It's basically a frame with a boat load of cutouts so it can be reconfigured as you please. so i have the aforementioned cavernous console and a neat rack I can put a CB in, a switch panel, etc. even another pocket.

OP
OP
S

Saltwater Soul

Reaction score
Great! I’d be really interested in your handle installation if you’d be willing to share a pic. I usually just grab ahold of one of the small compartment walls.

Here you go. The handle was a 3.5" cabinet handle from Home Depot that was less than $5. I also used a steel framing bracket as a backing plate in case I loaded it up with more weight. That was less than $2.

I also included a picture of the OCD organizer I put in the bottom.IMG_6702.jpg IMG_6703.jpg IMG_6704.jpg IMG_6705.jpg

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Jason Bell

Reaction score
This is what have. 32156-7ba63a2f08bf94a3792483e4ed5e9e86.jpg

I have this as well - but instead of the screws that it came with, I used velcro to attach it at the top on each end. I had to use a spacer at the back to fill the groove in the console in order to have a place to attach the velcro. It holds securely but can be quickly slid over to reveal my full size pistol in an unzippered pistol sleeve.

The 1.5" of wasted space behind the organizer really stressed me out when I first got it - but now I feel really good about the new hiding spot. No, It's not completely secure but very hidden.