Changing back my front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I really never warmed up to the billet style grill and the led/projector headlights, they were just a bit too 'boy racer' for me. Remember, before this truck, I drove a '73 Scout for 12 years, I'm used to a more 'functional' look.

So, It's time to toughen up the looks.

I just ordered a stock grill and some HD Edition style headlights and side marker lights for the truck. I also ordered the Rancho front skid plate and a bi-zenon hid kit.

I'm seriously thinking about those front and rear bumpers from tactical armor group. I haven't gotten a shipping quote yet, but it looks like their prices are a few hundred below any other manufacturer that I've found.

I'm also thinking about removing the running boards, but it looks like Sidewinder stopped making those motorized steps. Hopefully someone out there makes something similar, because I don't want a fixed step bolted on there ( I may as well just keep the running boards, in that case)

Oh, if anyone wants that billet style grill or those halo projector headlights, let me know.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
take them board off it looks so much taller without
free grill? hah! lol prob not

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i agree, i am waiting to order the wincher from TAG as well. not sure about the rear yet but that will be later.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ill take the grill. for a good price. and look up AMP research steps. they make motorized ones. and i think you can even have a switch to turn them off so if your off roading and your leaning on the side and open the door to check they dont pop out.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wanted the verticals...only seen 1 other X with it...other than on cardomain.com

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bro please remind me tomorrow. Ive been researchcing those armored bumpers alot and I found two sites that they are shipping them all for around 1k. unfortunately they dont make it for my year

OP
OP
tonydiv

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I just ordered a stock grill QUOTE]

Bro I would have just given you my factory grill insert if you had said somethin!

Thanks for the offer but the chrome on mine is crap. So the insert wouldn't have helped anyway. The only thing my "billet" grill is good for would be if someone wanted to paint it.

I am serious though, If anyone wants it, it's yours for shipping and $10 for my time. I'll put it in the box that the new one comes in.

I'm going to check out AMP research... those stock boards are so damn slippery in the winter. Of course that is the same plastic that they use for kids sleds !

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will take the grill and paint it black. Do you still have the projector headlights? Maybe we can work out a package deal for everything.........