Timberline front end swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mac503

Reaction score
I have a 23 xlt, and I was curious if anyone has looked into what’s needed to swap the front end for a timberline. TIA

OP
OP
M

mac503

Reaction score
I would think it would be pretty straightforward.
I’m just not exactly sure what has changed in the front end, I know they increased approach angle, but is that just bumper design change? I’m wondering if all mounting holes line up on the two vehicles. Maybe that’s a question for Ford, but hoping someone else has had the idea and has already looked into it.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Should be a straight swap as far as grill and trim. Obviously the Timberline has the skid plate and the regular ones have the plastic valence deflector instead. The approach angle is from the 1.5" or so front factory lift.

OP
OP
M

mac503

Reaction score
Should be a straight swap as far as grill and trim. Obviously the Timberline has the skid plate and the regular ones have the plastic valence deflector instead. The approach angle is from the 1.5" or so front factory lift.
Gotcha. Might have to give it a shot if I can find the skid plate and trim.